If you’ve missed out on a place for this year’s Velothon, or you don’t feel quite ready yet but still want to be part of the event, you could volunteer.
No special skills are required, but they’d appreciate your enthusiasm, obviously!
There are a whole range of different roles available on race day and will be something to suit everyone such as;
- Helping to manage the race start area
- Supporting riders as they cross the finish line and receive their medals
- Welcoming riders to Wales and supporting the rider registration area
- Supporting the riders at feed stations
- Helping in a ‘behind the scenes’ role in one of our operational teams.
We’ll provide you with a t-shirt, breaks, refreshments, and on the day support through a supervisor as well as making sure you have everything you need to undertake your role.
Source: Volunteer Programme — Velothon Wales
There’s a list of shifts and contact details here.
Leave a Reply